About the DevTools team
The team's main goal is to enable Nuxeo developers, building the tools and infrastructure they need to efficiently build, test, package, release and distribute quality code.
DevTools contributes to the development of Nuxeo Platform by fulfilling coders' needs, from simple advice to complete solution delivery.
Nuxeo Platform is an open-source, customizable and extensible content management platform. The code base is developed and supported by Nuxeo, with contributions from the community.
Dozens of developers are working concurrently on this code from several locations across the US and Europe.
The DevTools team works very closely with developers, monitoring their activity and identifying impediments in order to gather, share and improve company best practices, writing documentation guidelines and developing the necessary tools.
By extension, customers and other IT engineers are also part of the team's target audience.
The team's scope is quite varied:
- Source code and development flow
- Conventions and guidelines, documentation, internal support and training material
- Testing infrastructure
- Continuous Integration and Quality Assurance
- Continuous Delivery, code packaging and release
- Continuous Deployment for development or testing purpose (not production).
- Dynamic environments for automated functional and integration tests
- Sandbox environments for developers and product owners
- Complex deployments to validate various combinations
The Nuxeo framework aims to provide an interface for all recognized, adopted and trending technologies including, but not limited to:
- Git, GitHub, JIRA, Slack, Nexus
- Jenkins (especially Pipeline As Code), SonarQube, FastLane, SpotBugs, Coverity, etc.
- Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS